Invisalign – New City, NY
A Discreet Method to Straighten Your Smile
Back then, having straighter teeth meant you first had to wear metal wires and brackets for years. Fortunately, with modern dentistry, our team at Cosmetic & General Dentistry of New City can straighten smiles by providing Invisalign clear aligners. Not only can this process be completed much quicker than traditional braces, but they also offer a more discreet treatment to achieve your desired results. Keep reading or reach out to us today if you want to learn more about Invisalign in New City!
Why Choose Cosmetic & General Dentistry of New City for Invisalign?
- Quick & Effective Personalized Treatment
- Professional & Caring Dental Team
- We Accept Insurance & Offer Flexible Payment Plans
How Invisalign Works
Instead of using metal brackets and wires to shift your teeth into a more ideal position, Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners to gradually correct your smile. These custom trays are designed to be worn for a couple of weeks for every set, each moving your pearly whites closer and closer to their desired places. You’ll need to wear your Invisalign aligners for 20-22 hours each day, which will place sufficient pressure on your smile to encourage your teeth to move. Once you’ve worked through each set of clear trays as directed by your treatment plan, you’ll be able to enjoy and show off perfectly straightened pearly whites!
Indications for Invisalign
Invisalign is highly effective and the most popular orthodontic method for achieving more appealing smiles. Here are several of the common dental problems this treatment is designed to address:
If you feel you have too many teeth in your mouth, then you might have an overcrowded smile. This condition can negatively affect both the appearance and function of your teeth, making it more difficult to thoroughly clean your pearly whites. Invisalign can space out your teeth before shifting them to a more ideal position.
Gaps Between Teeth
Having too many gaps between your teeth can feel embarrassing as well as increase your risk of accumulating debris and bacteria. By gradually moving your pearly whites, Invisalign will offer you a straighter and safer smile in the long run.
Invisalign is also able to address bite problems like underbites, overbites, crossbites, and more. You may need to use additional accessories such as rubber bands to help your clear aligners move your teeth more efficiently for better alignment.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Other than providing a virtually invisible treatment process for straightening your smile, Invisalign clear aligners can also offer the following benefits:
- Removable trays
- Smoother dental hygiene
- Comfortable trays that fit your exact specifications
- No dietary restrictions
- Not as many check-in visits
- Quicker process time (on average)
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
Before committing to Invisalign treatment, you likely want to know how much it will cost. Unfortunately, there is no “one-size-fits-all” price for this orthodontic solution. The overall cost will vary from patient to patient, which is why the only way to get an accurate estimate is by scheduling a consultation with us. Once we’ve established how we’ll achieve your desired results, we can provide a detailed treatment plan so that you know what to expect from the overall cost and the process itself.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Invisalign
Many factors influence the overall cost of Invisalign in New City. Some of the key elements are:
- Number of aligners needed to straighten teeth. This is based on the extent and type of dental misalignment you have.
- Whether you’re straightening one arch or both. Logically speaking, straightening both the upper and lower arch will cost more than straightening just one.
- Your treatment compliance. Failing to diligently follow treatment instructions may cause you to lose an aligner or delay the process. As a result, you may have to pay more costs than expected to get back on track.
- Whether you need additional accessories. Some patients need elastics or other accessories to ensure successful treatment.
Invisalign vs. Smile Direct Club™: Which Costs More?
If you’re on a budget, you may be tempted to opt for a do-it-yourself clear aligner treatment like SmileDirectClub™. It usually costs around $2,000, while Invisalign can run anywhere between $3,000 and $8,000. The lower price point is certainly attractive, but it’s important to remember that you get what you pay for.
With DIY clear aligner treatment, there is often little-to-no oversight from a trusted dental professional. Many things can go wrong throughout the process, leading to serious issues that’ll need to be corrected by a professional anyway. On the other hand, you’ll have our team right by your side every step of the way with Invisalign. Not only will you have professionally made impressions, but you can enjoy a smoother treatment process.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
You’ll be happy to know that most dental insurance plans offer a once-in-a-lifetime provision for orthodontic treatment, which usually includes Invisalign. If your policy applies, you can reduce your out-of-pocket expenses by $1,000 or more. Our team will gladly review your coverage and help you understand it. We’ll make sure you know how to get the most out of your benefits.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
Don’t have dental insurance? No problem! Our practice offers additional financing options to help make your treatment as affordable as possible. Some of those include:
- Dental Membership Plan – With this option, all you have to do is pay a membership fee in exchange for sizeable discounts on multiple dental services. It allows you to enjoy the benefits of traditional insurance without having to worry about premiums or annual maximums.
- CareCredit Financing – This allows you to split up the overall cost of your treatment into smaller monthly installments. Best of all, most payment plans come with little-to-no interest attached, allowing you to save even more money!